This recipe for warm chocolate melting cake is going to blow you away... and just wait until you see the secret ingredient. This is a huge hit in our house and I know it will be a favorite for any chocolate lover.
You know, I love a good chocolate cake. My husband and I went on a weeklong cruise about 8 years ago and warm chocolate melting cake was served on the first night and we made such a fuss about it that our waiter made sure they were available for us every single night. Since then, every time we see chocolate melting cakes on a menu we always order them. It's sort of become "our thing." I've always wanted to surprise my husband by making them at home so I decided to finally give it a try... with a little help from a secret ingredient.
That's right - mayonnaise. You might not immediately think dessert when you think about mayo, but it makes these chocolate cakes ultra moist and absolutely sinful. I was thrilled to see that Hellmann's is now offering USDA-certified Organic Mayonnaise that's made with only the finest ingredients, like organic cage-free eggs & organic expeller-pressed oil, with no artificial flavors or preservatives. It's available in 3 flavors: Original, Roasted Garlic, and Spicy Chipotle. I grabbed a bottle of Hellmann's Original Organic Mayonnaise and quickly got to work on my chocolate melting cake recipe.
By pouring the cake batter into ramekins that are set in a casserole pan with a water bath, instead of a standard cake pan, you get these little bits of heaven. The tops will harden, but the centers will remain soft and gooey so you get something that's simply glorious!
Warm Chocolate Melting Cake Recipe
Prep time: Serves: 8
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1 cup Hellmann's Original Organic Mayonnaise
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 cups bread flour
- ⅔ cups cocoa
- 1 t. baking soda
- ½ t. baking powder
- Cream the eggs and the sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Add in the vanilla and Hellmann's Original Organic Mayonnaise until combined.
- Warm the chocolate chips for 30 seconds at a time in the microwave until melted and stir it into the wet ingredients bowl.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Add it to the wet ingredients in small amounts along with the water until smooth.
- Bake in ramekins set in a dish filled with water for 28-30 minutes and serve warm!
Want to try your hand at these warm chocolate melting cakes? Or maybe you just want to spice up your sandwich? Right now you can grab a coupon for $1.oo off any Hellmann's product (if still available). To find a Kroger near you, just check the store locator.
Disclosure: Sponsored post by Mirum Shopper. All opinions are my own.