A few weeks ago I was selected to be a member of #TeamCocoa for a fun Cocoa Pebbles and Fruity Pebbles campaign. I received a box of Cocoa Pebbles and some fun promotional items (at no cost to me) to get creative! I hadn't had Pebbles cereal in years so I took to the interwebs for inspiration and found a recipe for Pebbles Trail Mix Bars on the Post website. I thought the bars looked pretty yummy and they were definitely easy to execute, but I wanted to SWEETEN IT UP! I didn't want to use raisins or peanuts - I wanted more of a dessert type of treat. So, I came up with my own Cocoa Pebbles bars called "No Bake Peanut Butter Cocoa Pebbles Bars". They're super EASY to make and sweet and a little salty! They've got a great mix of peanut butter, Cocoa Pebbles, marshmallows, pretzels... and I threw in some Oreo cookies for good measure!
Here's what you'll need:
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter (I like the Honey Roasted Creamy version)
- 1 pkg. (10-½ oz.) miniature marshmallows
- 5 cups Cocoa Pebbles Cereal
- 8 Oreos
- ½ cups pretzels (or more to taste) - all I had on hand was ½ cup.
- Place your pretzels and Oreos in a large ziploc bag and crush them into pieces. You can roll them with a rolling pin, or use your hand. Don't obliterate them, you want them to be somewhat recognizable.
- Microwave butter and peanut butter in large microwaveable bowl on medium-high (power level 7 for me) for 1.5 minutes or until your butter is melted. Stir until the mixture is blended well. Add marshmallows and stir to coat them thoroughly. Then, microwave an additional 1.5 minutes or until marshmallows are completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring about half way through.
- Add Cocoa Pebbles, pretzels and Oreos and mix well.
- Press cereal mixture firmly into a lightly greased 15x10x1-inch pan.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
The original recipe says that you'd be able to yield 32 bars from one batch, but I cut mine slightly larger 🙂
What do you think?
They're really easy to make and would be great to make with your kiddos!
Disclosure: I received Cocoa Pebbles and promotional items at no cost to facilitate a promotional campaign. All opinions expressed are my own.
Come check us out on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Follow Ruth V.'s board Viva Recipes on Pinterest.
These look really good and with the saltiness of the pretzel sets them off too. Im sure the kids will like these as much as the regular marshmello treats. thanks for the recipe.
nicole dz says
So many yummy ingredients. And my kids would love to help out when making these! Easy to follow and make recipe! Love that its no bake! Gonna have to try these a.s.a.p.!!!