We've been planning a bedding overhaul for awhile now because we wanted to make the switch to organic sheets and pillows. If you're wondering why organic, I've partnered with Saatva Dreams to share five reasons you should consider making the switch!
5 Reasons to Make the Switch to Organic Bedding
- Organic bedding is free from pesticides and chemical treatments that are commonly found in conventional bedding products. Conventional sheets that are "wrinkle-free" have been treated and can leech formaldehyde while you sleep. When you buy organic, that's not a concern!
- Organic cotton sheets are made from a more breathable fabric than their synthetically-produced counterparts. This means you won't get too hot or too cold while you sleep.
- You won't find harsh dyes or colors in organic bedding products. These dyes have been found to contain heavy metals and when we spend so much time sleeping, it's important that we are conscious of what our body is being exposed to.
- Organic bedding is eco-friendly. Since organic cotton crops are grown without fungicides or pesticides, you can feel confident that your bedding purchases aren't wreaking havoc on our environment. Conventionally grown cotton uses toxic pesticides that leech into waterways and contaminate livestock.
- Because organic bedding products aren't subject to the bleaching and treatments that conventional products are, they hold up better long-term. Their fibers haven't been broken down by processing.
There are so many great reasons to make the switch to organic bedding, but the main reason for us is the health and safety of our family. I've become increasingly aware of just how many chemicals we're exposed to on a daily basis. We're trying to eliminate as many toxins from our home as we can. We spend about ⅓ of our lives sleeping, which makes me want to keep our bedrooms as safe as possible. I turned to Saatva Dreams for a complete bedding overhaul and to share their organic sheets and pillows with you!
Saatva Dreams Organic Bedding
We've got four people in our family. My husband and I co-sleep with our two year old son and our five year old daughter recently transitioned to her own bedroom. Saatva Dreams was able to oufit both of our beds with new organic sheets and pillows and we couldn't be more excited!
For our king-sized bed, we went with two king Saatva Pillows. These pillows are an absolute dream! They're hotel-quality and fairly heavy with a 100% organic cotton cover. They don't get hot while we sleep, which is a huge deal for my heat-box husband!
The plush inner layer is hypoallergenic and promotes airflow to keep your pillow and your head cool. Then the core of the pillow is made with 100% Talalay latex. This American-made Talalay is also naturally hypoallergenic and dust-mite and mildew resistant.
For sheets, we chose the Lofton Organic Sheet Set in Grey. Along with a flat sheet and a fitted sheet, you also get two king-sized pillow cases with your purchase. These sheets come boxed in the most beautiful cases tied with ribbons and would make a fantastic gift. They're made with long-staple organic cotton fibers to create soft, durable sheets.
At 300 thread-count, these sheets are just the right amount of soft while being breathable and cool for sleep. Plus, they're Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) certified which means from start to finish, they're fully organic. As soon as I put these sheets on our bed, our kids jumped in and our daughter said "these are just like hotel sheets!" And she's right-but I would venture to say they're even better!
Saatva Dreams Bedding for Children
We put a brand new Queen Saatva Pillow and Twin Sheet Set in white in our daughter's room too. She loves the cool feeling of the sheets because she's a hot sleeper like her dad. I can't explain the peace of mind I get knowing she's sleeping on organic materials. I love that she's not being exposed to harmful chemicals.
You may question whether it's worth it to spend the money on luxury organic sheets for kids. I'd argue that they're the most important people to go organic for! Their little bodies are so much more susceptible to being affected negatively by long-term exposure, so for us it's 100% worth it to keep them safe.
I'm loving our new organic bedding products from Saatva Dreams. I highly recommend them if you're planning to do a bedding overhaul soon like we did. Make sure you follow Saatva Dreams on social media to keep up with their products and deals:
Disclaimer: I received these products to discuss why you should consider making the switch to organic bedding. As always, all opinions are my own.