Squooshi began when Shannon didn't want the high cost or negative impact of food pouches to interfere with the messy, ooey, gooey fun of being a kid. After learning that 2 billion single use food pouches end up in landfills each year (and at $1.50-2.25 each, that's a lot of wasted money too!), she came up with the brilliant idea of Squooshi and reusable food pouches.
Here's some fun facts from their website about Squooshi, reusable food pouches, and why you should make the switch:
- Squooshi reusable food pouches are BPA-free, Phthalate-free, PVC-free, and Lead-free.
- Squooshi reusable food pouches provide more flexible and healthy nutrition options: fill with your favorite grain, veggie, legume, dairy, and fruit combos! (finally you can come up with your OWN combos, bond with baby, and find out what recipes you both like....together!)
- Squooshi reusable food pouches reduce waste: no more throw away food pouches piling up in landfills and contributing to air pollution!
- Squooshi reusable food pouches save you money on your food bills: pre-filled pouches cost between 1.50-2.25 each! (2,000,000,000 x $1.50-2.25 = $3,000,000,000-4,500,000,000 A YEAR!)
- Squooshi reusable food pouches save energy: empty pouches require a lot less fuel for shipping and most pre-packaged food travels over 1,200 miles before it reaches your table!
Squooshi reusable food pouches are easy: in the car, at the park, in your kiddos's hands, less mess from broken jars, spoons, and trash!